Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a bulldog bank from my grandmother (I'm 72 years

Customer Question

I have a bulldog bank from my grandmother (I'm 72 years old). Paper label says EW, hand painted, imported. Can't read the rest. Could be New York, boxy, rocky. He's sitting down and has grumpy expression, lips are frowning down. Eyes are beautiful, almost real. Nails are black, some kind of gold link chain around neck. Very muscular legs and body. Coins go into slot at base of neck right before chain. To get coins, remove head. The lock, SAFE No. 234 25mm, also had key. Lock under chin and attached to his chain collar. Perfect condition. He's light and dark tan, white, tan and black face, black ears turned down. Eyes golden, outlined in black, with white in center. 9" tall
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Thank you for the information and photo.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

It may take an hour.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

I know it's been more than an hour.

I think your Bulldog Bank is a prototype for the Mack Truck Bulldog bank used for advertising by the truck company.

Are there traces of the name "Mack" on the collar?

May I assume your bank is ceramic?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Doris

May I have a clear photo of the label?

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the label.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the label and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't see Mack on collar. However, just saw some writing behind one of the legs. Not sure of first 2 (or 3) letters but last 3 look like ETZ, or maybe FIZ. Have more pictures, will attach to original email.

I have most of the information. I am just trying to track down the EW. It really would be helpful to have a photo of the label

I will not get the photo if you try to send it from the first email.

Please attach it to your reply to my response here.

Kind regards,

Doris