Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Have an old Sketch drawing of a woman. It's inscribed with"

Customer Question

Have an old Sketch drawing of a woman. It's inscribed with
" To Jimmy
from BATCH
3-22-06
Not so much interested in selling but it's been in my family for years and would love any info. I'm in NJ so maybe just a really old boardwalk sketch?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

What is the size and can you please send an image of the backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's 12x17
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

This is very much in the style of American Illustration art, which I specialized in at Illustration House in NYC. However, "Batch" would be a nickname. If it is alright with you, I will check with some old colleagues to see if they have come across nickname before and if it is attributed to a particular artist.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That would be wonderful. Thank you. I've been curious about this picture and its history for years.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I will contact them and let you know if there is a lead on "Batch".

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your patience.

My colleagues in Illustration Art could not come up with a comparable nor a known nickname of "Batch". There was an cartoonist from that era named, CD Batchellor, however the style of your picture does not match with that artist.

If you like, I can opt-out and open your question to all the experts again at no additional charge.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please do. As long as no additional charges are incurred that would great. I'm really wanting to unravel the mystery of Batch. Thank you again for all your help.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Certainly.

I will opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You do not need to re-post your question.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora