rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

Value of 5 JJAudubon prints, The Northwestern Life Insurance

Customer Question

value of 5 JJAudubon prints, The Northwestern Life Insurance Company Collection, Plates CLXXXVI, No.38 R.Havell, 1834; XXX11 No. 7, CXXXI No. 27 R Havell London 1832; CCXXI No. 45, R Havell, 1834; Plate CLIX No. 32, R Havell, London 1833. These prints were framed in Elkin. NC by local framer. Hung in our house as a child and found them after parents died. Any idea of value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide the size of each print?

Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
16 x 20 is the size, just received respond. Thanks, ***** ***** helped!

You have a reproduction of JJ Adubon print. If the print includes the text "From the Collection of the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company", "Old Print Shop", "Limited Edition", or "New York Historical Society" it is not from Havell original prints.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 80-120$ for each print.

I'm sorry if the value provided is not as high as expected but I have to be honest and professional with you so you won't loose your time and efforts.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!