Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

We Have an 1800 Antique Grandfather Clock out of an old

Customer Question

We Have an 1800 Antique Grandfather Clock out of an old Railroad Station. I only have pictures to show its beauty. Can I send them?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Can you send these in individual images not as a zip file, this is not letting me open this file.

you can upload using the paper clip. or the blue add file button.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will this cost me extra?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more pic
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

NO this does not cost extra for pictures. Does this clock have a name on it? It may be on the works in the back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think you can help me then.. There is no name.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

yes, it can be valued for being and antique Grandfather clock, just of unknown maker, we do this all the time.

If you like I can value this for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll will let you know when my mother cones back..
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it extra for this? And if so, how much?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

No there is not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please appraise this peice. And whats the best way to sell it.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!

I can tell you some sites to sell it from online. If you are only wanting to sell it locally the best way is in the paper.

.
The 1800 Antique Grandfather Clock Origins: Antique Railroad Station, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $2***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!

If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site. So the only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions. Since it is not rated yet, I wonder if there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda