rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I need a value attached Ethan furniture. It is Georgian

Customer Question

I need a value for the attached Ethan Allen furniture. It is Georgian Court Cherry Chippendeale. It includes a table that seats 10 along with custom table pads; a 4 door lighted China cabinet with 6 bubble glass panes in each door. The top has a crown and finial. There are 3 glass shelves, 3 drawers, and 2 solid door storage cabinets on either side of the drawers. The set includes 2 armed upholstered chairs and 4 in armed upholstered chairs.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Ethan Allen Global, Inc., founded in 1932, is an American high quality furniture chain with almost 300 stores across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. The Georgian Court collection borrows inspiration from 18th century cabinet makers such as Chippendale, Hepplewhite and Duncan Phyfe.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of

Normal chair - 300-400$ for each unit

Armed chair - 400-500$ for each unit

4 door lighted China cabinet - 1,500-2,000

Table - 650-900$

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!