Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a Victorian Ladies Chair with Vander Ley Brothers

Customer Question

I have a Victorian Ladies Chair with Vander Ley Brothers label underneath. The chair is in great condition---the fabric looks good too. Don't think it has be reupholstered. How much would it be worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

At your convenience, please include a clear, in-focus close up image of the label.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks---the file is attached. Let me know if that is not close enough.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the image. Please allow me some time to look this over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Don't want to call. This is my first time with you --don't want to pay out any more than I have to. I want to see how this goes.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

That is fine. The call is an optional choice that you do not need to accept.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email *****@******.***

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your patience.

Your have a 3rd quarter 20th century Empire Period Victorian-style parlor chair.

Vander Ley Brothers were known for upholstered revival and reproduction furniture. They were best known for creating the set furniture for Gone With the Wind, a Warner Brothers movie.

The label on yours indicates that by the time the chair was made Vander Ley Brothers was a division of John Widdicomb Co. They became a division of Widdicomb in 1951.

On today’s market, your chair can sell for a high of $75 - $125 at auction.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora