Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Cummings original oil painted in 1970s of an African

Customer Question

B. Cummings original oil painted in 1970s of an African Americans house with cotton field in back. Mom and kids in yard. People in field picking.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot get files to upload
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They will not upload.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

One photo is attached here. What is the approximate size?

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your patience.

You have an original painting by 20th century Southern American folk art painter, Beth Cummings.

On today’s market, her paintings sell for $250 - $400 at auction. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $1000. I recommend holding on to this to see if her market builds more in the future.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
16x20
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the dimensions. Were you able to read the answer I posted above?

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know the above. I just wanted to know the value of this particular painting since it is original.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I sent pics to support. Thanks.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

The picture did attach here and I am able to view your painting.

On today’s market, your painting can sell for $250 - $400 at auction. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $1000. I recommend holding on to this to see if her market builds more in the future.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora