Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a Very Huge early sixties Barbie Doll Collection. 18

Customer Question

I have a Very Huge early sixties Barbie Doll Collection. 18 original cases/ very close to mint. Actually everything I collected over the past 35 years is mint. Barbie pony tails /all three colors...Barbie Bubble head/ all three colors. Blond Swirl..Midge/all three colors..Barbie and Midge/Fashion Queens, with original case. Mint condition with original everything. Headbands/ wigs, swim suits..Two Kens/ flocked and non flocked..Alan, skipper, scooter, and the boy little friend. I have this collection stored and I forgot his name. Every outfit practically made with all the accessories. Almost all the formals and theater costumes. All in almost mint conditions like I said. 5 original boxes. two original wallets/ the rounded black vinyl lunch box with thermos. Just too much. I need to sell most of it. Any suggestions or any idea what this might be worth? I know I have a lot of money invested in this collection. Just a little accessory I would pay 20.00 for. It truly is amazing. I don't think anyone would have this type of collection.. I was saving this for my daughter who is now 34...:) She never really liked dolls, wouldn't you know... Thanks for any information! Susie
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Susie,

From your description a quick assessment is in the ballpark of at least $5000 minimum. I am sure you have an idea of what you want your collection to be worth based on what you have put into it all. The only way to get to a true value of the collection would be for each doll, item and outfit set to be individually assessed; and I personally handle only one item per question here.

The best way to have your collection assessed will be through an auction house that has specialty Barbie sales. Most all auction houses will provide the estimate for free if you contact them through their website.

Here are some suggestions for you and their website links:

McMasters Harris Co: http://www.mcmastersharris.com/

Leslie Hindman: http://www.lesliehindman.com/sale/modern-barbie/

Theriaults: https://www.theriaults.com/

~Nora