Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I was gifted a bronze cross several years ago. The gift came

Customer Question

Customer: I was gifted a bronze cross several years ago. The gift came from a friend in Lebanon. She and I didn't speak the same language but I did understand that the cross was ancient. I didn't think much about it until I saw a very similar cross in an antique book in the library. The one in the book was dated 7th century AD. Where can I find out just how old my cross is and what the value is?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My friend is my dgts' mother-in-law and lived in Lebanon all of her life. She was a very holy woman and she valued greatly this gift. I can send you a picture if you tell me how to send it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I can wait. I have given the cross to my son-in-law since his mother has passed away and I would for him to know how valuable the object is. I feel sure she gave me the cross because she knew one day I would pass it on to her son. It is the only thing that he has that belonged to his mother. His family in Lebanon did not share with him any of her belongings after she died. I will wait to hear from you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached some pictures of the cross. It is easier than trying to describe it to you. I am concerned about the charge to my PayPal account for $38. That was not the amount you claimed to be asking for. Why the extra charge?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the request here, however I am not able to determine what you have here without inspecting this in person.

I will opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You do not need to re-post your question.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email *****@******.***

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora