Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

St edition Perdida by Frederic Pangborn signed by author

Customer Question

st edition Perdida by Frederic Pangborn signed by author
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****’m a certified appraiser, and I’d be happy to help.

Can you please let me know the publisher's name, city of publication, and date, from the title page?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wright & Company publishers London, New York, Chicago, Paris No date on title page, however next page shows copyrighted 1899, signature dated Christmas 1900

Thank you.

I have searched extensively but have been unable to locate any sales records for this book, or indeed for any original prints by this author.

I am opting out. This question will become visible to all appraisers, and perhaps someone else will be able to help you. You don't have to do anything else and will not be charged any more fees.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was able to find Frederic Pangborn on the internet and the fact he had published this book but could not determine a price or it's current value. This was the reason to contact you service. The book was obtained with a collection of books dating from 1874 to 1941. I assumed it would be a first edition as the signature is so close to the publication date. This book has been republished many time over the years, and can be bought on amazon right now, for the life of me I don't know why as the first three chapters board me to tears. The Title page contains a quote from Locke "Truth, whether in or out of fashion, is the measure of knowledge and the business of the understanding; whatsoever is besides that, however authorized consent, is nothing but ignorance, or something worse." Also the The title is listed here as Perdida A Round Unvarnished Tale Truthfully Delivered. I hope this helps.