Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I'm a collecter of Antique Furniture & Porcelain but we're

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, I'm a collecter of Antique Furniture & Porcelain but we're scaling down in house size & need to deaccession items. One can't be expert in all fields & I've inherited some leather Antique books that I know have value (depending on condition, year, & decorative desirability. I could send iPhone photos but since there are multiple sets I don't want to pay for your advise unless I feel your "expert" is a dealer in Antique books which is a specialized field. For instance one very lovely set of 10 (10" tall & in excellent condition with beautiful illustrations) is a "Salon Edition" which means that a limited # ***** printed for the US & England (making them more valuable) but I can't seem to find when they were printed! that needs a specialist. Can you understand my hesitation? Would like an answer & maybe I'll be happy to pay. thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ***** *****, I'm a collecter of Antique Furniture & Porcelain but we're scaling down in house size & need to deaccession items. One can't be expert in all fields & I've inherited some leather Antique books that I know have value (depending on condition, year, & decorative desirability. I could send iPhone photos but since there are multiple sets I don't want to pay for your advise unless I feel your "expert" is a dealer in Antique books which is a specialized field. For instance one very lovely set of 10 (10" tall & in excellent condition with beautiful illustrations) is a "Salon Edition" which means that a limited # ***** printed for the US & England (making them more valuable) but I can't seem to find when they were printed! that needs a specialist. Can you understand my hesitation? Would like an answer & maybe I'll be happy to pay. thank youRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/9dfof-want-value-mark-twain-complete-short-stories-essays.html#ixzz3xsh4Ivzx
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I certainly can wait for the right "expert" since there are quite a few books!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! Thank you for requesting me.

I am not a book dealer but I do own collections of rare books.

If you wish, I can help you with your book collections and other antiques collections.

If not, I will release your question to the other pros so that it will be open for them to answer.

Let me know.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already indicated that I DO NOT WANT TO SIGN UP FOR A MONTHLY SERVICE! I wanted someone to answer my question about my "salon edition" books. Since NO ANSWER HAS BEEN FORTHCOMING, I WANT MY. DEPOSIT OF $30 refunded from Pay Pal! I do not like this "run around" approach! Please refund my payment immediately! Virginia
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Virgina,

I am sorry you are unhappy. You never gave me a response to my question.

We pros are not employees of Just Answer so we have little knowledge of its finances.

You will need to contact JA at customer support.

Here is its info -

This is what I have been told by representatives of the site:

"Customers can experience issues with the site, their computer, their knowledge of how to use the internet, etc.

Anytime a customer is having trouble with the site, please indicate to them that they can go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance. They have an option in the upper right corner for contacting the Customer Service department via email, chat, or phone. Customer service is trained to assist them, and to report any customer-facing issues that may be site-related."

Or phone -
US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Address for customer support.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Kind regards,

Doris