Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

How much is a 1986 painting by Lyndel worth?

Customer Question

How much is a 1986 painting by Lyndel b Benjamin worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 10 months ago.

Good evening my name is***** tell my what you know about the painting.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That it was painted in 1986 by Lyndel b Benjamin I highly respected painter from Antigua. About a scene called "Malay" which means to talk about ones own personal affair or other people's business

Thank you I will see what I can find out about the current market for his art.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I don't want to pay any more money. I've already paid $5 for a dam appraisal. So give me what I paid for. What's the value?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is a scam and I'm reporting you

There are many artist in the world and the data bases to not have ready information on every one. His work is not currently listed in any of the international sources.

To give you a value I have to find sales records rather than speculate what his art is worth.

BENJAMIN Lyndel (Antigua) Lyndel is one of Antigua's most notable artists. He was encouraged by Lou Cottage and is a Co-founder of the Art Center at English Harbor. He won a scholarship and spent a year doing a foundation course in art at Middlesex Polytechnic, London, England. Lyndel has won many Antigua Art Society awards. He is now a tutor at the state collage and is undoubtedly the #1 role model for young Antiguan artists. His works are highly realistic and often include air brush techniques. They are extremely popular and consequently have risen in value considerably over the years.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please just give me an estimate
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you.

The value on your painting "Malay" IS 1***-**-****.00 based on size, subject and quality this is a very nice painting. Malay meant to gossip in the group about other people. He is well known for his realistic paintings.

If I may be of further service please let me know I am always happy to help.

***************

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.