Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Have a book by Hardy titled Wessex Poems and other verses, a

Customer Question

Have a book by Thomas Hardy titled Wessex Poems and other verses, a 1st edition 1898 dark green embossed binding,good condition, singed to ***** ***** with a newspaper clipping about the author. One in only fair condition and also signed sold for $ 7,800. What should my starting price be
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

May I ask which auction sale you're referencing? And what edition number you have of the 500?

I know that Paul Lemperly's copy sold at Millea in 2009 for $1,000, and 1/500 sold at Freeman's in 2013 for $10,000, but I'm unsure of a $7,800 sale and none are showing up in any of my auction databases.

Sincerely,

Jennifer