rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Can you tell if a cut on the bootom of a base of pottery was

Customer Question

Can you tell if a cut on the bootom of a base of pottery was made during the firing process?Dwain
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.

Dwain,

The photo you have provided does look to have been done during manufacture. Please also add a picture of the vase (only pic here is of the bottom) if you'd like me to assess what you have.

Parian ware is a fusion of porcelain and glass and there was sometime required as a cooling process and these are set marks for cooling.

Please do click the stars for a 5 star rating so that the site will pay me for answering your question. (no extra cost to you)