Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I am trying to establish the current value of mount airy

Customer Question

I am trying to establish the current value of mount airy furniture co items numbers 559, 552, and 550. All walnut. Can you help me? I have photos if that would help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 10 months ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

I can see a chest of drawers in the photo. Are there any other pieces?

Thanks,

Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I post more than one photo?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Users/ajmorris/Desktop/IMG_0100.jpg/Users/ajmorris/Desktop/IMG_0101.jpg/Users/ajmorris/Desktop/IMG_0121.jpg
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Users/ajmorris/Desktop/IMG_0100.jpg/Users/ajmorris/Desktop/IMG_0101.jpg
Expert:  Frank replied 10 months ago.

Excellent. Thank you for sending over those photos. They made it through perfectly.

Your walnut bedroom set including high chest, low chest and what appears to be a double bed was produced by The Mount Airy Chair Company, which was established in 1921 by James and Bruce Yokley. The company was known for the production of moderately priced dining, bedroom, and drawing room chairs, and also dining rm. furniture. The Mount Airy Chair Company merged in 1966 with the Mount Airy Furniture Co.,which was founded in 1895 by John Yokley, E. H. Merritt and E. H. Kochtitzky. The merged companies became Mount Airy Furniture Company, and remained in business until 1997 when a fire destroyed the company. Your Mount Airy Chair Company dining set was produced in the 1920 - 30's. In 1926 the United States celebrated its sesquicentennial birthday. In anticipation of that event many furniture makers at the time were creating unique pieces by combining the best of the furniture styles of past years.

Your set which combines elements of Gothic and Classical period pieces from the 18th and 19th century would have current resale values as follows:

Low Chest- 350-450USD

Bed-250-300USD
Tall Chest 500-550USD
These values are for the pieces in excellent condition. Any damages either structural or cosmetic would detract from the resale value.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your vintage bedroom set.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.