Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

C. I have a mug with a back stamp of China, E-OH, Hand

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** C. I have a mug with a back stamp of China, E-OH, Hand Painted Nippon, stamped in green enclosed in a have fainted imprinted large square.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
http://www.rubylane.com/item/672003-Nipponx20-x20Chinax20E-OHx20x281x29/Early-20th-Century-E-OH-Nippon You can view the exact stamp here. What I also was wondering, is the China, the type of porcelain, or is a blank from China, then handpainted in Nippon. What does the E stand for and the OH stand for? Thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

The word "china" on the maker stamp implies the material, being porcelain.

Nippon is the country of origin stamp, being the Japanese word for Japan.

The company name who made and exported the set is actually Te-Oh, (not E-OH) which is the full name of the maker, not initials.

These were fully manufactured in Japan, and they were not blanks from China that were then decorated in Japan.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora