Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a numbered pointillism by H. gruwell # 12/300. It is

Customer Question

I have a numbered pointillism by Paul H. gruwell # ***** It is named "The End of Summer" showing a naked man and woman spooning. I can't find anything about it. Do you know?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

This is a signed limited edition mezzotint print. Technically pointillism is the use of colored dots next to each to play on color theory; so your black and white original print is not pointillism. Mezzotint is a method of printing and that does employ 'dots'.

The artist of your print passed recently in 2014; here is a link to his obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?pid=174190065

The artist is not listed, meaning his works do not sell on the main auction market at this time.

Although the internet is a vast holding space for information; it is not a repository for all information, so it is not uncommon to not find anything on an artwork that you have.

The value is based on comparables, and on today's market, an original signed limited edition vintage print by an unlisted artist such as yours would sell in the high range of $75 - $150.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora