rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I found a plate in my parents home while getting ready to

Customer Question

i found a plate in my parents home while getting ready to sell it. the plate /shallow bowl says hand painted R.S? Germany and a seal above that that has a star R S Prussia on it. the plate has gold paint and pint roses. Is this something i should hold on to or is it just a worthless memento? Please advise.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.

This piece was made in Germany by the Reinhold Schlegelmilch (RS) porcelain factory about 1920. While these were very 'hot' 10 years ago, the value of them has dropped quite a bit as Ebay flooded the market with them. This bowl was a standard shape then different designs were applied like swans, florals, etc. Your bowl with pink roses has a current value of right at $100.00. By comparison, these were selling for $350 six to ten years ago. This would be a good Ebay item if you were thinking of selling it.

It is important to click the stars after you have read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

The others questions you have asked in the past Timed Out without you rating them. This rating does not cost you extra and is the only way that the expert gets paid by the site, I'm sure you were not aware of that. If an expert sees that you do not have a habit of rating, then your questions might not get answered as quickly.