Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a picture of a blue and vase/planter with which

Customer Question

I have a picture of a blue and white vase/planter with which appears to have a gilt bronze ormolu. I'm trying to find the same exact one. Do you know the name of this piece and where I might be able to find it?
Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 10 months ago.

Good day my name is Tim

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. The image you attached was page from a magazine.

Please send images of the vase. One of the whole work vase plus one of any marks.

How to send photos to this site go to:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Or email them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques.

or to use another site such as:

www.imgur.com or https://www.flickr.com/

If you use another site please copy and paste the url with your response.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I only have a picture of the vase that I am inquiring on (as shown in the attached photo on my original email). I'm only inquiring on the vase that is sitting on the mantel over the fireplace. If you are able to tell me the style/type, if its a vase, planter, basin I'm not familiar with the proper language for this item that I'm trying to find so I apologize. I am absolutely in love with this blue and white large bottom vase/planter with which appears to have a gilt bronze ormolu or brass base.
I appreciate your help in my determination of finding this item.Carol Ledesma

Carol, it looks like a planter. It also loos like a contemporary decorator item rather than a specific period. Often the magazines keep track of the items they use in a photoshoot. You can contact them to learn more about the piece.