Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a very rare oil painting on by ( Singer Sargent) that

Customer Question

I have a very rare oil painting on wood by (John Singer Sargent) that signed ; I need to have it appraised and authenticated can you help!!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I will send you an additional services offer for the requested phone call.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi'' Nora, can I send pictures of the signature and painting to you via my smartphone???? or can I mail photos to you!! and is {John Singer Sargent) works of art one of your expertises???? I hope so you can help me prove my theory about this painting's origin being done doing the time of his frustration with the subject who pause for (madamX) Her (mother) with the dress and the strap below the shoulder in his original version of (madamX)!! Yes! how will we talk by phone; I call you or you call me????.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am very familiar with Sargent's work; my post graduate is from Christie's in London and I often work with fine art of this calibre.

I sent the additional services offer for a phone call, which you choose to accept or pass; however I would still need images prior to the phone call.

You can post photos here.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora