Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

My sawdust filled dolls with either bisque or porcelain

Customer Question

my sawdust filled dolls with either bisque or porcelain faces,hands are in very fragile condition w repairs to clothing needed. these are about 6-8 inches tall (adults). I have a baby w/ metal carriage, 2 children, 6 adullt figures. Told they were German made. I would like to repair the fragile clothing. The sawdust is gradually spilling out. Also any idea of the value? The bodies are cloth and the fabric very old, dis colored from age.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I see you posted your question twice now. Was that a duplicate or are you seeking a second opinion?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. Would you consider a professional antique doll restorer? I can recommend some for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, the only damage to the pics you received was where the apron of one doll has separated from the apron sash. Am not really interested in professional restoration as this is something I can repair myself. I am interested in the current "as is" value of the carriage and dolls. Please know this is not my favorite way to communicate and I really would like an appraisal on these dolls. Thank you for your help. B
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I have sent an additional services offer for a live phone call, if you prefer.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

On average, antique German bisque dollhouse dolls sell for an average of $50 each and highs of $125 each.

Yours being well-suited up and distinct adults are in the sale value range of $125 each; the baby being $50.

The suggested insurance or replacement value for each adult is $200 and $100 for the baby/child.

The carriage sells for a high average of $50 - $60 at auction and the suggested insurance or replacement value is $120.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora