Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a hand colored lithograph of Frederic Remington

Customer Question

I have a hand colored lithograph of Frederic Remington wood engraving "Dragging a bull's hide over a fire in northern Texas". It has a COA on the back that is in good shape except for a tear in the top margin that doesn't go into the COA. It was created 1973 by the Library of Congress and is number 16 of 985. The back is overall in very good condition, some wrinkles from hanging on a wall. The front is in mint condition. The frame is in mint condition. Don't know if it's original. The printed area of the print is almost 13" W by 8 1/2. The paper it is on is 15" W by almost 11". the inside of the frame is about 19 1/2" by 15 1/2. the wood frame is one inch wide. The overall size is a little over 21 1/2" by a little over 17 1/2 ". There's a 2 line red stamp on the lower left corner of the margin of the print that says "Library Of Congress / Copyright Certificate________" with a handwritten #69280. the lower right hand corner of the margin is a hand written 16/985.
If you have any questions, please real free to email me at***@******.*** or call me at(###) ###-####
Thanks in advance,
Joe Shaff Sr.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora