Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I've inherited 2 Russian icons 1 from the 15th century the

Customer Question

I've inherited 2 Russian icons 1 from the 15th century the other 18th century. I can send pictures. I'd like an appraisal for these items.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** is a pleasure to help you with this. I have the images you sent I will look at them over the weekend.

Here is the information on your 2 icons. Neither are true period Russian Icons both are in the style of earlier examples. 1. RUSSIAN ICON OF THE VLADIMIR (VLADIMIRSKAYA) MOTHER OF GOD, IN THE 15th- 16th CENTURY STYLE, possibly early 20th century. It has an auction value range of $500.00 to $1,800.00.

2. RUSSIAN ICON OF THE SMOLENSK MOTHER OF GOD, a contemporary icon in an 18th CENTURY style. It has a value range of $225.00 to $900.00.

Have a great week.

Regards Tim