Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My name is ***** ****** my question is about the manner of

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ****** my question is about the manner of Russel work did he used grafith on the canvas before painting with oil?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is about a painting that I think is a fake russel i want to photograph it with infra red photo in order to see the grafith.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no problem. if you can provide me with data about the whit pigment he used i will do an XRF test also, i am an art expert but russel is not my feild the painting (the subject) is a painting that was cought by the custom & the poor owner paid custom as an authentic Russel, i have to prove that it is not.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora