Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

What is the price. I have I have a small ***** ***** Flett

Customer Question

Customer: what is the price for valuations. I have I have a small ***** ***** Flett painting, not print, that I bought at auction. How can you tell a print from a painting. I have looked with a magnifying glass and does not appear to be a print at all but I could be wrong.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought it at an auction here in Washington and it is a small painting I believe, but I cannot find out how to authenticate it as a small water color and the value of it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I can wait but have not taken pictures of it yet. It is 5 am and will take some pictures later this morning so you can have a good look. Whom would be best to help on this artist and do I just come back on site.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I come back to this as I have not taken pictures yet to submit to you of the painting/print. I will do that some time today.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

I'll need to see an overall photo, and a close-up of the signature. Photo upload instructions:

Photo upload instructions are here:

https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Please note I do not handle appraisals by phone, so if you get a phone request it came automatically from the system, not from me. Please ignore.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

As previously, I do not handle appraisals by phone. It's not effective to work that way, written/photo discussions are best.

Do you want to continue online, or would you prefer me to find you an appraiser who will work via phone?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I did not know I requested that. I need to take pictures of the art piece I would like a valuation on, which I will do soon. Do I just continue online as I have now and upload pictures. The first person I spoke to said the valuation would be 18.00 or less and then I was switched to a part of the site where I had to pay for 3 valuations, I think a total of 38.00 How does this work and why did someone not tell me that that was what I had to do.

Oh, I'm so sorry, I have absolutely no idea how the billing works here. (I'm an independent contractor working from my own computer, much like you are logging in.)

Yes, it does seem you are being billed $38 total. Should I refer your file to customer service for review? I can do that from my end.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that would be great thanks as I feel mislead.

OK I flagged it for customer service.