Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a limited edition lithograph signed by Doris. It is

Customer Question

I have a limited edition lithograph signed by Doris Lee. It is called "Country Wedding" and was purchased from Associated American Artists probably in the 40's or early 50's. It is in excellent condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have access to photographing it . The picture is about 8" x 12". It is beautifully framed so I can't show you the back. The signature is in pencil and she also wrote the title below the picture in pencil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am starting to feel like I have been taken advantage of for $38. I have gotten free estimates before, but couldn't remember the source this time around. I want to say his name was Kramer.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

On this link here, a signed limited edition print of only 250 in the same size as yours that was published by Associated American Artists in 1942 is being offered for $850:

http://www.paramourfinearts.com/list_works.asp?id=763&t=1

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have other lithographs that have had a value of $1,000.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

An asking price can be in the range of $750 - $1000 and an insurance or replacement value is higher. Essentially, you can ask any price you please for any item you own, the key factor being finding a buyer at your price point.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora