Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

What is the value of a No. 43 calendar clock(8-day) by

Customer Question

What is the value of a No. 43 calendar clock(8-day) by Waterbury? Thank You for your assistance........Peggy
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

Peggy,

Please tell me what the case is made of.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is wood
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
looks like oak

From my research, your clock has a retail antiques store value of $950-1100 assuming good condition.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

I thought you might like to see what a clock like yours sold for on eBay....$650. Please remember that eBay is an auction, not retail site. The price I quoted you is retail value.

The eBay clock may be in walnut, but it has a few condition issues. You describe yours in good condition.

See the following image.

Please do not forget my need for a positive rating. It is the only way I am compensated by Just Answer for my work. It costs you nothing extra.

Kind regards,

Doris

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris