Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a 9 piece solid mahogany dining room cert #303 from

Customer Question

Customer: My name is June. I have a 9 piece solid mahogany dining room cert #303 from Mahogany assn. It is in pristine condition; original hardware, store room condition. Dining table 2 capt chairs, 4 side chairs, beautiful sideboard buffet and full china cabinet. No dents cracks or marks. It is classed as early Hilton styling, it had an original label from ***** ***** store 1921 Detroit, Michigan. Any idea what it is worth? It has maple inset trim, strong chairs, etc. In new condition.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ***** ***** was a large clothing and furniture store in Detroit Michigan, long since closed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, of course.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choice you make.

Please send me some photos of your set.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

I also need the name of the department store again. It was removed from your original question.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 10 months ago.

Are you having trouble with photos?

The customer support center can help you.

This is what I have been told by representatives of the site:

"Customers can experience issues with the site, their computer, their knowledge of how to use the internet, etc.

Anytime a customer is having trouble with the site, please indicate to them that they can go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance. They have an option in the upper right corner for contacting the Customer Service department via email, chat, or phone. Customer service is trained to assist them, and to report any customer-facing issues that may be site-related."

I would be pleased to help you work toward an answer to your question.

Best,

Doris