Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have antique furniture to be appraised I'm thing it from

Customer Question

I have antique furniture to be appraised I'm thing it from the 1700's and want to sell all items.is thre an appraiser in the western part of N.C.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I attach pictures
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Photos added,
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you.

There is one image attached here that I can see on my end of a chest of drawers with beveled mirror back flanked by columns.

Please allow me some time to look this over and to write your assessment. I will post it here when complete.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. The furniture piece with beveled mirror back flanked by an architectural frame over a chest is a server from the Victorian Era during the 19th century that dates to circa 1850 and is from the Empire Period style. On today's market, this can sell for a high retail average of $600 - $1200 on today's market. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $2000.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to sell this item. How should go about it.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

You will want to sell in a way that keeps you from having to deal with the shipping and delivery of a large furniture piece. Craigslist is good because there is no listing fee nor commission fees upon sale and the buyer can pick up the item. Chairish.com is another choice because they do not charge a listing fee, they help with the shipping/freight logistics at the expense of the buyer. Chairish does charge a 20% commission upon sale. You can also try a local auction house or consignment shop to help sell this on your behalf.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora