Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Approximate value of rare 13 star flag (lots of family

Customer Question

approximate value of rare 13 star flag (lots of family history, but no mention of these flags). Hand-stitched of linen. Measuring 46 x 64" ( naval history in family)
Another 13 star flag good condition, measures 46 x 62.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you post a photo of the flag for review. This will help on seeing the item and being able to give you an accurate evaluation. I see there are two flags one 46 x 64 and another 46 x 62

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am sorry to have bothered you. This is not a good time to do it. Thank you anyway. I have a friend in town and will take them to her. It will be better.

ok I am always happy to help so just let me know. These large ship flags do hold a great deal of value and when storing them place a dryer sheet "bounce" in with them to prevent moth or beetle damage. This will protect them as the moths or bugs repel from the smell given off.