Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a large R Boren painting, I was wondering how much

Customer Question

I have a large R Boren painting, I was wondering how much it's worth in your professional opinion?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi

You have a vintage original painting signed R. Boren that dates to the 3rd quarter of the 20th century, 1950’s - 1970’s.

It is by what is known as an unlisted artist, meaning one that does not sell at auction for fine art collector and investor purposes, but a painting that is more intended for decorative framed original wall art for the home, hotel or lobby setting. Oftentimes, the artist’s name that is on the painting is fictitious and they painted in factory settings in Mexico and China. They were sold in decorator shops, furniture show room stores and department store furniture sections.

The type of mountain peak in alpine setting are called Mount Shasta scenes.

Your vintage framed oil painting would sell for $125 - $300 on today’s market. They do get offered for higher on online auction sites, but the realistic sales prices are lower than asking price. The suggested insurance, or replacement value is $400.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora