Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Greetings. I have a bedroom set, "Antique Brune" finish,

Customer Question

Greetings. I have a bedroom set, "Antique Brune" finish, (also referred to as "satin blanc" finish) French provincial style, solid white ash, made by the Davis Cabinet Company. The sets include 2 beds (headboards and foot-boards, no mattresses), large dresser with mirror, large chest of drawers, powder table with stool, chair, and night stand. The entire set includes skillful joinery including perfect dovetails. I believe the set was made in the 1940's. Can you offer any advice as to how I should go about selling this furniture?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

The best way to sell furniture is to do so with a way for you to NOT have to handle packing or shipping. You can find a local consignment shop willing to sell this for you on your behalf or a local auction house. You can place this on Craigslist.com for pick-up only. I also suggest trying to get it placed on Chairish.com, the benefit to that site is when furniture sells, they help arrange for a freight company to remove and deliver the furniture for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora