Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a cup with gold trim marked Hutschenreuther Selb Oval

Customer Question

I have a cup with gold trim marked Hutschenreuther Selb Oval with lion on the upper part of oval and the letters .L.H.S.in the lower part and Bavaria under that oval. I know that they bought it in or around 1919 or 1920. How much would a place setting of 10 be? and I have serving dishes and extras.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choices you click on.

If the values for your specific pattern are not available, will you agree to our using the average values of sets by same maker?

If so, I first need photos of your pattern and the marks on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Then I will need the following:

Your set serves 10. How many pieces does each person have?

A list of serving pieces. ...these can add as much as 50% of value to a set.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My camera does not work. I have a 12 setting miss counted sorry and I have finger bowls, salad plates,dinner plates, cups and saucers, salt and peppers (2 sets), 3 serving platters (oval in shape) 2 10in. I think and one 12 in.,2 serving bowls, creamer and sugar and gravy boat. Bone china now a rainbow effect on cups-you can almost see through them- make out the shape of your fingers holding them when light is right. As for the markings just like I told you before and I noticed that the make on saucer is a crown with oval inside oval are 3 little dots the word PAVL(below that is)MULLER(below that)SELB and thats it for the oval, now below oval is the word Bavaria and the cups have a solid gold bottom. I wish I could get this camera to work but it wont.

It would really help to have a photo. Is there any way you could get someone to help you in the next few days?

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son can help out with his camera but it wont be until around noon tuesday. Is that okay? and How do I get back in touch?

Save this reply. Come back and log in. Then we can get to work.

'Til Tuesday.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doris please forget about this. My son has to drive 60 miles to get here and it is not worth it. thank you but I no longer need your help.

Understood.

Kind regards,

Doris