Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an old tapestry dated 1500's per Smithsonian with

Customer Question

I have an old tapestry dated 1500's per Smithsonian with writing on bottom, "LES ARMES DV ROY. CH.LE BRVN, PINXIT.ANNO . M.DC.LXXX." can you give me some information?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images along with a clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Am I going to receive an estimate of value upon your receipt of my pictures?
I am trying to determine the value. .
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Yes, in order for me to provide an estimate, I will really need to see images of the tapestry please. ~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What is the total amount you are asking from me? What have I paid for to now?
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email *****@******.***

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Nora. It was not clear what I was being charged. Once I hear from them we can proceed. Deanne Perata
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Certainly. All fine by me. ~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nora I can send pictures of the tapestry to you tomorrow. However, What I do not agree to is being asked for an approval of an additional $35 for a phone call of 10 minutes. So far I have absolutely nothing. I don't do business like this. Deanne
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Deanne,

You do not have to accept the additional services offer.

As an appraiser, in order for me to properly assess what you have, I would really need to see what you have. I will be happy to provide the value when photos and dimensions are provided.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I have not yet received images, however is this a match to your copy of the Charles Le Brun tapestry of the King's Coat of Arms that was originally made in France in 1680 and reproduced in the 20th century?

Here is the link for you to one that sold for $756:

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/15963/lot/475/

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you received the link to the possible comparable?

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nora, sorry for taking so long to get back with you . I now have detailed pictures for your. I apologize for the shaking (Don't get sea sick) LOL I'm hoping I can send them to you successfully. I've not done this.Thanks Again, Deanne
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Great, thank you. I sent a link to one that may match yours that sold for $756.

I the meantime, I must sign off and go to bed now. So no rush.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please do go to bed, I will continue with the pictures. I actually took a film / video of the tapestry. It shows textures, etc. Although it is not professional it is quite graphic. Done on my android cell phone. Oh well.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you.

Were you able to open the link I sent to a possible match to your tapestry?

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nora please, )
Nora, the pictures can be viewed on u-tube. I don't know how I managed that. I posted them. I believe it was Jan 16 or 17. The tapestry resembles the link you sent to me, BUT, but not exactly. The tapestry of mine, has more fabric detail and texture. The lettering is Not identical. I would really like to have you view mine. Can you tell me how to send them to you? I will rate your service as excellent. I just need to know the Tapestry's "real value" first. Thank you *****
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Deanne,

If you can please send me the link to the youtube video, then I can view it for you.

The link is the www address on the page which you view the video. You can cut and paste it here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I have not been able to find the youtube video of your tapestry. Is there a title to the video on there or can you copy and paste the link to the video here for me please?

~Nora