Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Here. I am trying to find some information on some original

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** here. I am trying to find some information on some original watercolors that could be from the French artist Michel Henry.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to find an expert to determine authenticity of the pieces.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. Can I submit photos of the pieces to help the expert?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choices you click on.

I might be able to compare signatures but no one can authenticate a painting from a few photos. Accurate authentication can only be done in person.

If my trying to match the artist's signature is enough for you, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Doris

If you would like, you can send me a photo of the signature. I would be happy to look for the match.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

In addition, I can tell you if the style of your painting matches that of Michel Henry.

Let me know if that works for you.

Or I could suggest an appraiser in your area.

Kind regards,

Doris