Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

My mother-in-law (age 96) left 2 shoe boxes full of

Customer Question

My mother-in-law (age 96) left 2 shoe boxes full of postcards most used and some not mailed. How would we be able to get a value on them?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Each postcard would have its own value depending on the type, age, condition, subject, publisher among factors.

Some of the most desirable postcards on the market are for 19th century to early 20th century Halloween theme; they can range from $10 - $400.

RPPC's or Real Photo Postcards are also collected and depending on the subject sell for $10 - $100.

The vast majority of postcards really only sell in $1-$3 range. Postcards that sell for highs of $10 - $40 are those that show railroad stops or depots, Trains, American Indians, Gold Miners in Alaska and California, Shakers with their furniture, people with toys like teddy bears and people with their pets.

The best way to search and see prices on postcards is on Ebay, where thousands are listed each day.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora