Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Have thinking original Louis Seybold painting stage coach

Customer Question

Have thinking original Louis Seybold painting stage coach and couple found on line but no pricing artist 1886 thru 1963
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choices you click on.

I can give you the auction value of your painting but probably not the retail art gallery price.

Will the auction value be enough for you? Let me know.

If you agree, please tell me the dimensions of your painting not counting the frame.

Do not remove the painting from the frame.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Doris I would like to send picture no how to do so with contacts but will have to have one of my kids help send to u yes auction price ok

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Please send me the size - length and width - of your painting not including the frame.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The picture is approximately 12 wide 20 long 12x20 there is 2 inch frame but old back nailed don't want to damage trying to see actual size
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Took did u get oicture

Thank you for the information and photo.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be back in 30 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Doris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Doris I am updating measurement 14x22 sorry

Louis Seybold (1886-1963)

"Born in Philadelphia, PA on June 17, 1886. Seybold was a resident of Los Angeles in 1929. By 1936 he had returned to Philadelphia. He died there in February 1963. Exh: Painters & Sculptors of LA, 1929."
Source"
E***** *****, "Artists in California, 1786-1940"

When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.
We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.
Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value.

Using this standard method, I was able to determine an estimated auction value of

$2405.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank u so much Dorid for your prompt response.From the info u had to work with and not seeing painting seems totally fair appraisal . Judging by what little info I was able to gain myself! The picture was given to me for free! I resell and my girlfriend couldn't sell it at her garage sale! Top "A" Doris

I was glad to help.

Please consider giving me a positive rating. It is the only way I am compensated by Just Answer for my work.
You should see five stars or five happy faces with my answer. This is where you rate me. Rating me a positive
does not cost you any extra.

Kind regards,

Doris

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris