Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a gold pocket or necklace type watch which only says

Customer Question

I have a gold pocket or necklace type watch which only says "The Standard Lever" on the dial face. How old is it and is it American or is it English? Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 11 months ago.

Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Standard Lever isn't a name of a brand. Does it have any other marks on it? If it's possible, can you open up the back of the watch and tell me what the gears say? If you could send photos that would be a big help too.

.

I can give you steps both for opening the watch and sending photos:

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos.
.
Here's another way that works really well:
.
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
Click "Computer".
Double click the image you want to upload.
Click "Start Upload".
When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.
.
If those don't work you can email them.
.

Email the pictures to***@******.***

They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.

.
Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.

.

For opening the watch: Here's a site with some tips on how to open your watch in case

http://www.thewatchguy.com/pages/OPENCASE.html

.
If you can't get it open that's okay.

.

Thanks

~Diana