Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have what appears to be a watercolor or charcoal from

Customer Question

We have what appears to be a watercolor or charcoal from 1873. Framed. Under glass. The frame is from Oberlin, Ohio from around 1930's or 40's. We are having a difficult time reading the signature on the painting. The first name appears to be G. and then the last name seems to start with a Y. We live in Buffalo, New York. Any ideas where we might be able to take this to have it looked at?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do want the painting looked at, but I only have an old flip phone to take pics with. I will have to get someone to use an updated phone to get clear pictures for you. I hope to do that in the next day or so. Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thanks so much for responding back to me. You can send images over at any time. No rush - there is not a time limit here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will get the pics to you as soon as possible! Thank you!
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Great, thanks! ~Nora