Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Glenda! I have some beautiful crystal of my Mother's but I

Customer Question

Hi Glenda! I have some beautiful crystal of my Mother's but I don't know the maker or the style. Can you help me identify it? I'm not sure if that is in your wheelhouse, but just thought I'd ask. Thank you! Lisa
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lisa

Yes it is, can you send a picture?

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Glenda!I figured that it was going to be easy to get you the pictures. Thanks for the easy and quick response. Photos are in this link: http://imgur.com/a/7QQJJMy mom bought them in the early '50s in Kansas if that's helpful at all. I believe the brand name may be Fostoria. I'm looking to replace a couple pieces. It would be great to know if it's Fostoria, and the pattern. If not, whatever you can discover would be really helpful!!THANK YOU!!!
Lisa
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lisa

Yes, these are Fostoria, from 1940-50's. I will try to see if I can find the pattern, which may not be possible, all of their patterns have not been recorded from over the years, where they are accessible. Are you familiar with Replacements as a way of them looking for what you want ? I can get the value for sure, I have a lot of the books from glassware from the 50's.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Glenda,I went on Replacements, and I think I found the pattern. I think it's "Christiana" pattern.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I believe that is correct they also used to call this, etched star flower on their bubble glass. I have some old books on Fostoria that go back to when they started, they had a lot of patterns renamed in the 30-40 50's to reissue them. Replacements values are a little low for what they are actually worth. Would you like the book value on these, closer to the insurance value.

Glenda