Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a single Noritake small plate about 6-7nches in

Customer Question

I have a single Noritake small plate about 6-7nches in diameter. Gold trimmed, Pastoral scene with a lake (Pond), white cottage and yellowish tree behind, There is a small loop handle on the surface one one side.
What is this?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have attached the pictures as requested
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your patience.

Your plate with handle is referred to as a ‘tidbit’ plate. The host can offer small bites of food to their guest while holding the little finger handle.

The decoration on it of a cottage on a lake during a sunset was hand painted. It was a popular design on Japanese export ware.

The red Noritake mark with Made in Japan dates your tidbit plate to circa 1920’s - 1930’s.

On today’s market, this sells for a high average of $10 - $20. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $35.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora