Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Numbered prints by Foy - Remembered Corner #22 of 100;

Customer Question

Numbered prints by Frances Foy - Remembered Corner #22 of 100; Second print is smaller, a young girl with a book in her lap, # ***** of 30, dated 1928
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nora, I will do my best to get photos. Neither print is framed, both are matted, the mats are showing their wear. I do know that Frances Foy was a friend of my grandmother's sister, they both lived in Oak Park, Illinois. I am interested in finding out about their value. I will try to post images and dimensions sometime today ( 1/9/16) Thank you for your reply. A Pickett
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I can wait as long as you need for images. No rush, there is not a time limit here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have attached six photos. Neither of the prints are framed. When I gently pull the mats free, I can see a notation on the one of the young girl "Margaret reading" in the artist's handwriting, or at least, it matches the handwriting in the signature. I have a little "point and shoot" Nikon camera, did my best with natural light. The mats are slightly frayed, but the prints are in good shape. The paper is a sort of deep cream color, hard to tell if was white at first! Thanks for your input. Arlene
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look them over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Hi Arlene,

Thank you for your patience. These are fine, limited edition signed and numbered original etchings (as evidenced by the platemarks, or indent in paper around image) by Frances Foy (1890 - 1963). On today's market, your Remembered Corner print can garner up to $150 at auction and the print of Margaret Reading could garner up to $250 - $300 at auction 'on a good day'. If interested in selling, I suggest going through auction. I recommend contacting Rachel Davis Auctions in Cleveland, Ohio and Leslie Hindman Auctions in Chicago. It is free to contact auction houses through their websites.

http://www.racheldavisfinearts.com/

http://www.lesliehindman.com/

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Arlene,

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora