Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

A have a bob dylan 1976 8 x 10 press proof negative marked

Customer Question

a have a bob dylan 1976 8 x 10 press proof negative marked on side bob gruen what is it worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NORA THE ITEM IS IN MY FLORIDA CONDO IN DESTIN. MATTED AND FRAMED. BETTER DESCRIPTION IS A CLEAR SHOT OF DYLAN ON STAGE-B/W- 8 X 10 ON CLEAR ENLARGING PRINT FILM -COMMONLY USED ON PRESSES FOR TRANSFERRING TO NEWS PRINT- OUTER ENVELOPE IT CAME IN MARKED CHARLOTTE OBSERVER- ON LOWER LEFT SIDE ENGRAVED IN THE OUTSIDE FRAME OF FILM IS BOB GRUEN - RECENTLY INDUCTED INTO THE ROCK AND ROLL HOF. WE'VE BEEN ABLE TO VERIFY THE ONLY APPEARANCE OF DYLAN IN THAT TIME FRAME WAS 73. GRUEN WAS KNOWN TO SHOOT HIS WORKS IN 35 MM SLIDE FORMAT SO WE BELIEVE THIS IS AN ENLARGEMENT OF A SLIDE AND LATER SOLD TO CHARLOTTE PAPER TO GO ALONG WITH NEWS COPY OF THE EVENT. WE HAVE SEEN NUMEROUS B/W PRINTS FROM THE SAME SHOW AND EVERYTHING LINES UP I.E. STAGE DRESS BAND ETC. HOWEVER WE HAVE NO NEWSPAPER COPY TO VERIFY.- THE PRICES ON ORIGINAL WORKS HELD BY THE ESTATE ARE HEFTY -LET ALONE SCARCE. HOPES THIS HELPS MIKE SUSIN
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the information. Will you be able to provide a photo of this for me here at some time?

~Nora