Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a silver bracelet worn by my stepfathers great

Customer Question

Good morning, I have a silver bracelet worn by my stepfathers great grandmother when she was 6 yrs old in the coronation parade of Queen Victoria in 1838, can it be evaluated with pictures? David
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

I will be happy to help you with this bracelet. In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see very clear, in-focus close-up images of the hallmarks on the inner side of this bracelet.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not be able to furnish more pictures for several days, please advise how to send them without further charges
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

That is fine, there is not a time limit here.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

There is not an additional charge to send images here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to attach a sketch of the makers marks & numbers on the bracelet, along with the known history of ownership, but when I hit add files point it says void
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I received the sketch of the marks, thank you. Does the word that you spelled as XYENLNA happen to actually be "sterling"?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I don't think, as the letters are fairly clear under magnification
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Is there any possibility of seeing an actual image of the maker stamps and more views of the charms on the bracelet?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached another picture, unfortunately I can not get a clear enough picture with my camera to see the stamping clearly, but the lay out may be of some help to you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

If you look in the background of your attached photo, the pink satin bag is clear and in focus. If you remove that and keep the camera further from the object it may capture it in focus.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Be Back to you in a few days
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Ok. It certainly looks like a promising piece with value. so I will await images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This seems to be the best picture I can get
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

All the information and clues for this jewelry piece are contained in those stamped marks, however, I just can't see them with the photos provided online.

I will opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You do not need to re-post your question.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora