Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

What is known about the Artist Ramsauer? She is an abstract

Customer Question

What is known about the Artist Sandra Ramsauer? She is an abstract illusionist painter. She painted Yellow Ribbon (1995), Blue Z (1993). What more did she paint? What do they cost? Is she living/deceased? where is she from and are any of her paintings in collections, museums etc.?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 11 months ago.

Good day my name is***** you sure of the name? None of the data bases list an artist by the name Sandra Ramsauer . There are 7 with that last name. There is a Joseph RAMSAUER (1943), his work is similar to the work you posted. The only matching work by Sandra Ramsauer is the one for sale on etsy. Is this yours or are you considering buying it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have all of that information (from my posed questions and the searches that I performed). That is the name and correct spelling, Sandra Ramsauer. Not that is not my art but the image was placed with my question. I own one of her paintings form 1993.

Thank you. I have searched through several art reference books, including ones dedicated to women artists, plus two of the largest art and artist databases. It appears Sandra Ramsauer is not a listed artist. This means that none of her art has entered the art market or been donated to or collected by a museum. About 80% of the producing artists fall into this category.