Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I want to get a valuation on a painting in my possession. I

Customer Question

I want to get a valuation on a painting in my possession. I inherited the painting from my mother . The painting has been in our family since the late 50's. I don't know the correct title but it is oil painting of the view of Stanwell Park NSW from Bald Hill which also takes in the Illawarra Coastline. It is signed D.A. McBean. '57.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

What is the size of this and at your convenience, please send a view of the backside as well as a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature and an area of the surface so I can see the texture.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will take more photos and send. The painting inside the frame measures 720 x 570 mm . The correct title is Stanwell Park- South Coast.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images and the dimensions. Please allow me some time to look these over.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

This is not a very heavily listed Australian artist, and would somewhat fall under the category of an artist whose works need to be 're-discovered' for prices to be strong on the auction market. If you were to sell on today's market expect to garner $400 - $600 or 562AUD - 843AUD. I highly recommend holding on to this at this time.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora