rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

Have Gustav Becker wall clock, not weight driven, with

Customer Question

Have Gustav Becker wall clock, not weight driven, with porcelain face, serial number 55614 (~1872). What is the approximate value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of the clock label?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can't do that right now because we are moving and will be giving the clock to one of our children. Just a spur of the moment inquiry since I know the clock is moderately valuable. Don't need exact bid number, just an estimate or range of value would be of help. Clock works well and was recently cleaned and oiled (within the last 5 years). Thanks. Have to leave for about an hour. Is it possible to check with you again after that time without large additional cost to me?

Yes no problem, I will work on the answer for you

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 400-600$.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!