Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a baby bonnet that was home spun, hand stitched and

Customer Question

I have a baby bonnet that was home spun, hand stitched and embroidered that is over 200 years old...in excellent condition. I am torn between selling it and donating it to a museum. What is it's approx. value?
Millie
Hockessin, De
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Can you send an image of the inside so I can see the stitchery.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried, but it says in red that the file is too large...I do not know how to correct it.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do that...and would you please send your answer to my email address?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I can only respond through this discussion board unless you want to do the additional services offer, which I will send now.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Millie,

Currently the market for antique hand spun, loomed and sewn textile baby head caps in eyelet is rather flat. They sell at auction for an average of $15 - $20. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $60.

~Nora