Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I own a Brass Russian Samovar, about 50 cm gh. It is about

Customer Question

I own a Brass Russian Samovar, about 50 cm high.
It is about 80 years old.
How much could I get for it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here I would be happy to help you. Can you post a photo of the samovar so I may evaluate the piece. This helps in evaluating and giving you an accurate value. Samovar teapots were hand made by Jewish immigrants mainly from Russia but some from Poland and other countries...These Jewish immigrants had over 300 shops on Allen Street New York working on brass and other metals producing beautiful brass Imperial Russian Samovar brass ware...mainly kettles and pots. in the 1880's..by the 1930's all the 300 shops had been destroyed, by fire. It is now better known as Chinatown. they range in values from 55.00-100.00 and it varies greatly. I need to see any markings , design on the piece and has it been cleaned or natural patina still on the item. Thank you I look forward to helping you.