Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an oil painting that i am trying to find out who the

Customer Question

I have an oil painting that i am trying to find out who the artist is. the signature is hard to read. It looks like Joan Dijve, Its a full moon, in a small town on the water. It's beautiful. I live in a suburb of chicago, and I don't know where to even start.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see full images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I sent some pictures, I don't know if you received them. I will try sending them again with the measurements of the painting. I'm not really good at this txting with attached items, nor the computer with attached items. I I'll try again.
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I have not yet received any images here on my end.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora